Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Encino

Today I made 0 dollars.

Prior to today, I researched more in depth about our company and discovered the evil within. I decided that today would be my last day.

On the way to work, I forgot Spenser's square. I decided to be 30 minutes late for work so I can return his square at least. Plus, it's my last day. I don't really care how late I am.

I went out with Joe again today. He was rude as usual. Moving things about in my trunk. Changing the radio. Littering out of the car.

Prior to going out, he took some time to do something and didn't tell me. Waste of my time.

We were supposed to go to Glendale, but he changed his mind to go to Encino. We just went on this stupid circle around LA.

Usually, I socialize with my fellow partner, but Joe is on his phone, texting girls, always busy. He's supposed to be my navigator. We miss every exit and have to find a detour. It's frustrating. We park illegally, and a girl tells me we'd get towed.

We move locations and sit in traffic for an hour.

Joe drops everything in our next location. I drop nothing, but it's probably because my attitude is that of someone who is about to quit. I do everything half-heartedly then return to the car and eat my lunch.

Joe comes back a very long time later even though we were supposed to visit only the corners of the intersection. He scolds me for not being thorough enough. He likes to belittle me. I remember him calling me little Chinese guy the last time we went out.

At the next location, I pitch half-heartedly one or two times then I decide that I'm done. I return to the car, and chill. It's too hot, so I go inside Ralph's and a get some water. It's boring, so I go to Panda Express and force myself to eat a meal. I poop it out, and I take my sweet time.

When I get back to the car, Joe calls me 5 minutes later. I tell him I'm at the car. When he arrives, I tell him I'm going to quit.

He tries to persuade me that I don't know what I'm doing. I've only been working for a week so I have no idea what I'm walking away from.

Nothing works. It would've worked, though, if it wasn't for Abe, who specifically told me not to let them persuade me.

I told everyone that I was quitting, so that way I'd stick with my word. I made plans to hike tomorrow with Angie, to tutor Chloe and to work out with Tony.

Joe gives up and tells to call Sandy. I do, and it's short, to the point. It's done.

We drive half way back to the office before Joe decides he wants to merch some more. He calls up a girl and makes me drive very far to meet her. We miss the exit again. We miss the rendezvous point.

The entire drive is tense and awkward. Whatever. I don't care. I want to be away from all of this.

We stop at a Bank of America, and we wait uncomfortably for several minutes before he gets sick of waiting and gets a shopping cart. I give him all my stuff, we say bye formally, and I go home free as a bird.

I feel like crap the whole time, but when I get home, I do some more research on Devilcorp to reaffirm my decision.

I'm cool, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment