Monday, February 9, 2015

Bakersfield 2

Today I made 65 dollars.

Back with Spenser. I'm comfortable. I eat breakfast/lunch on the long car ride to Bakersfield. Chill.

First plaza, I drop two bags on a lady in a nail salon. I drop a brush kit on a girl there, too, but only after I run back and tell her I'm leaving. I trick her with the sense of urgency. No tax though.

Next place, Spenser tells me to go to the autoshop. You never know.

I drop two bags and a brush kit on her. No tax. I would've done the iron, but stupid me, I forgot it in the car. I run back to get it, and there's this cute white girl in the streets that ask me what I'm doing. I panic and raise my bag. Wanna see?

I try to pitch the iron to the nice lady at the autoshop, but the impulse is gone. Oh well.

Fast AM. Slow PM.

Next place, I don't drop, but I get positive vibes. I walk too slow, and I walk in to see Spenser drop two bags in the bar, our last stop of the loop.

Next place, I waste a lot of time because Spenser visits some old friends and takes forever. I wonder if he cares about my self-improvement. He's not a good leader. He doesn't have the same work ethic I do. But he has been in the business longer than me, and is probably a better salesman. Or rather- a swindler. I learn that he traded his iron for some gifts for his girlfriend for Valentine's Day.

We go to a plaza, and I get rejected everywhere. I think I could drop an iron set at Radioshack, but I forget to build impulse by stacking the merch. I walk with Spenser to the other side of the plaza, then realize I forgot my demo. I run back to Radioshack to fetch it. On the way back to Spenser, a black guy rolls up in his car, smoking a blunt, and summons me. He drives up to me and says "20 bucks, right?" "22 with tax, I say." He's cool. Easy sale.

I'm tired and ready to leave, and Spenser decides to do one last pitch. He gets two girls excited as he stacks up the iron set. I wait impatiently to go home. I get bored so I decide to do some pitches. A lady parks behind me, and I turn to pitch her. "Look at that lady," I say. "Look at all that merch she's getting. This is popping!" Greed factor gets her. I get a drop.

Spenser doesn't, but he got their address and number, and supposedly, they're going to be back in half an hour with the money. We're already late, but Spenser says we're going to be more late. He asks me a qualifying question. "Would you rather wait 30 minutes or go night merching?" I can see through his transparency. He's selfish.

We go to the next plaza, and I pitch a dude working at Panda Express eating outside. I get him interested but he has no money. I pitch to a couple walking out of Panda, and I get the girl to get a set and a brush kit. I don't bother to pitch the iron, because I forgot how to do it. And I was lazy. I'm still a work in progress.

The Panda guy comes running up to me and asks me if I'll be here on Wednesday. I apologize, and say I won't, Sense of urgency.

Two dudes walk up to me and tell me three girls are looking for me. I see them and I run towards them, but I see Spenser. He tells me that his deal got cancelled (impulse lost, happens 99% of the time), and that we have to go. I want to wait for those three girls and the Panda guy, but what does Spenser care about my sales, or the relationships I've built.

On the drive home, Spenser mentions that we work for Smart Circle, which I google. SCAM is the third search entry and I click it. It opens up a new gateway for me. I decide to look at it later.

Back at the office, I'm pleased with my career high, but Andrew's new guy outdid me by two brush kits, and Jared at the office tells me that I need to improve my average sales. Sandy, on the other hand, tells me I'm going to be a superstar, which encourages me.

I go home and research Sandy and Smart Circle. Turns out they're Devilcorp. Uh oh.


No comments:

Post a Comment